Saturday, October 9, 2010

Interview with Blair



This new act comes to us from San Francisco, California. To describe the new artist Blair is like trying to explain the sound of happiness...one must be in the moment and just listen and that is what I suggest to you all~

Blair is Rock. Blair is a melody. Blair is now! So come walk with Ladyaslan and let’s get lost in the world of Blair and his focus on Electro/Rock music~

Ladyaslan Presents BLAIR!

LadyaslanDDTTRH: Do you think Duran Duran deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Blair: Yes, they are a great band who's done a lot for music and the music video. I definitely think they deserve to be in it.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: How did you all come up with the name Blair?

Blair: Blair is my last name.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: What is your favourite Duran Duran song and video?

Blair: My favourite song is Hungry like a Wolf. As far as videos I like Rio for its humor and Girls on Film for its artiness. Most all of their videos have elements of both of these but those are the two I like best.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: How would you describe the specific style and sound of Blair to any New Wave/ Electro fans who hadn't heard your band before?

Blair: I would describe it as electronic with some roots in alternative rock.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: What contributions do you feel Duran Duran has made to the world of music and fashion in the past 30 yrs?

Blair: They were one of the pioneers of the music video in the early 80s during the early MTV years. Their videos are very innovative. In fashion they are great at throwing the model element into music. They have a keen fashion sense that I think influenced a lot of people.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: What Duran Duran song would you like to remake if you could and why?

Blair: Hungry Like the Wolf. Mainly because I like that song and hear a lot of cool things I could do with it.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: When did Blair originally form? Tell us about yourself; where you’re from...

Blair: A little over a year ago here in San Francisco. I had been writing and playing songs with a band for a while and was inspired to add a major electronic element to everything. I bought some new equipment and jumped right into it. I think I surprised a lot of people. A lot of my background is primarily in rock and playing guitar but not a lot of people knew about the electronic projects I have done in the past. I basically decided to bring that back somewhat and combine it with what I was already doing.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: Tell us about the single Someone- what was the public reaction and the thought behind the song?

Blair: That song is actually a combination an older song I wrote with some recent lyrics. A lot of people really like that song and some tell me it’s their favourite. The song is a reflection of a place I was in when I wrote it. I was down and hopeful at the sometime.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: If you could have a sit down with any member of Duran Duran who would it be and what would be topic of discussion?

Blair: Nick Rhodes. We would probably discuss synthesizers.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: What is/was the genesis of making your demo?

Blair: I wanted to have some music available as soon as possible. I didn’t have much of a budget to work with but luckily a lot of it I could do at my apartment. However to record the vocals I needed a more private and secluded space. A friend of mine had a space I could along with a really nice microphone and compressor. I did all the vocals for all four songs in one night. It literally took all night from about 7pm to 8am the next day. My voice was horse by the end but all the vocals were done and I was ready to start mixing. All in all I think it came out pretty well.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: Is there a specific theme or story to your song lyrics?

Blair: Most of my lyrics are about experiences and adventures I’ve had.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: Tell us about your rare acoustic performance at the Java House in SF a few weeks back...

Blair: I hadn’t done one in over a year and a friend who was putting together the show asked me to do a set. It was just me and an acoustic guitar. I had a good time and a lot of people enjoyed it.

LadyaslanDDTTRH: Anything you want to share with the fans?

Blair: I am thankful for those who support me. Look for some new songs to be released soon. I don’t have an exact date right now but my newsletter offers the latest info. I’m also sending those who are on it a freebie song when they are ready. Sign up for that at www.blairsounds.com

Thank you Ladyaslan and I’m glad to be a part of the effort to get Duran Duran to the Hall of Fame.

To Follow Blair:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/blairsounds

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/blairsounds

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/blairsounds

Band’s webpage: http://www.blairsounds.com/

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?i=334197612&id=334197598&s=143441&ign-mpt=uo%3D6

To learn more about Duran Duran to the Rock Hall - Official Effort (DDTTRH) and to sign our petition, please visit our hub site http://ddttrh.info/.

No comments:

Post a Comment