Thursday, October 15, 2015

DDTTRH response to 'Pressure's Off - Duran Duran Don't Need the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame'

If you haven't read this article, you should.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/the-pressures-off-duran-duran-dont-need-the-153052592.html

The Rock Hall is mentioned in it.  Here is our response:

"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in itself is not a bad thing...", said Simon LeBon. That's all I needed to hear! I know how humble Duran Duran is. It makes me love them more! The only reason I do what I do is because I want this for them and I know many other fans do as well. And its not because we want to "institutionalize" them...but to give them a place where they can be enjoyed for years to come. To me, the Rock Hall is a museum...and its in museums that they keep records of precious things. To me, Duran Duran is precious and is worthy of being shown to the world for many years to come.

This said, we will make sure to ask that if Duran Duran is ever inducted, that black ties be optional.

Kirk Harrington
DDTTRH, a Project under Duran Duran Worldwide

No comments:

Post a Comment