"“I have a problem with the institutionalization of rock 'n’ roll,” Le Bon tells Yahoo Music. “I don’t like going places where you’ve got to wear a black tie. I just feel like saying, 'F— off!’ I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in itself is not a bad thing, but I don’t feel that I have to be placed alongside Jerry Lee Lewis, James Brown, the Rolling Stones, U2, and all those other guys for me to have validity. The validity that counts to me is those kids that are going be standing outside in the car park [at our concert] this afternoon. You sell one single record, and it means 100 Rock and Roll Halls of Fame.”
Given all of this and how we have evolved over the years, it makes sense to make the following changes...
- No longer will DDTTRH mean 'Duran Duran to the Rock Hall'. I have decided to take the Rock Hall out of our name permanently. To me, it's just not meaningful anymore. In the interest of keeping the acronym, it will now mean 'Duran Duran to Timeless Rock History'.
- We may be looking to hand off the petition to someone else, or take what is there and share it with those interested in a creative way. For now it will remain open. Of course we would love to continue hearing messages of support. Feel free to to continue to message us @DDTTRH on Twitter or direct your friends directly to the petition.
- DDTTRH's purpose will remain as follows:
- Ongoing research into how Duran Duran has influenced the Media
- Raising awareness to the band and it's impact on the music industry